>> 14 November 2010
1. Formulate the issue as a HOW TO statement:
- How to increase training attendance by 30%?
- Column 1: Assumptions
- What are the key characteristics, elements,...?
- What must we have/do?
- What would we get fired for changing?
- Column 2: Reverse Assumptions
- Negate the whole statement
- Reverse elements of the phrase
- Do not spend time looking for a precise reversal (just write it as it comes)
- Column 3: Look for ideas in the reversal and write them into column 3
From now on, try reversing whenever you encounter a problem and see what jumps up!