>> 21 November 2010
Today I want to give you another way to crank out some new ideas.
I call it 'MORPH IT' as you try to look at the problem as if it were something completely different.
1. Formulate the issue (for example as a HOW TO statement):
- How to increase traffic to our website?
- Column 1: Pick a totally different product or service and describe it:
- What are its attributes?
- What are its functions?
- Does it have unusual aspects?
- Column 2: Relate each attribute back to your issue:
- How could these attributes be used to resolve your issue?
- Look for ideas and write them all down
- Delivery the next day before noon
- Personal delivery
- Different options for sending
- Online tracking
- Put a face of your employees/CEO on the website
- Offer subscription to weekly newsletter
- Reply faster than anyone to online questions
- Make it load fast
- Give people different options when coming to landing page (just browsing: open random page, looking for specific info: field to let them enter what they look for, etc)
- Add widgets that allow them to follow you