>> 10 November 2010
This Saturday it's World Kindness Day
WHAT IS KINDNESS?
Philospher and psychologist Piero Ferrucci says kindness is composed of 7 ingredients:
Understand a friend, see his point of view instead of answering with anger or impatience.
Be humble with your friends, listen to them instead of boasting about your successes.
- It makes you happy.
- It reinforces your immune system (check out research of Heartmath)
- It improves the performances of others (The Art of being kind)
- It relieves pain (The Healing Power of Doing Good)
- It gives pleasure (Healthy Pleasures)
- It is motivating.
- It is contagious (The Art of being kind)
PRACTICE KINDNESS TODAY
- Distribute coffee or tea in the street (to the homeless, the mailman, the paperboy...)
- Organize a fundraiser for a charity.
- Bring flowers to someone you like.
- Thank the teacher of your child with a little gift.
- Leave a big tip to the waiter and leave a note of thanks.
- Invite a neighbor or lonely elder for dinner.
- Write to someone you have lost touch with or are angry with.
- At the hospital, visit those who get no visitors.
- Put some coins into the snack dispenser with a post-it that says 'Enjoy'.
- Play 'I noticed': observe your colleagues, friends and notice their new outfits, haircuts etc and compliment them.
Acts of Kindness
World Kindness Movement