Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment - Hilaire Belloc

>> 15 December 2008

DISTRACTIONS



SEE
Through the slits of my eyes
I see diffraction
fringes of light and dark
flood in as distraction

TOUCH
Muscles in my body
thicken into contraction
when you touch my skin
immediate distraction

HEAR
Trying to concentrate
my ears pick up a fraction
of conversations around
a welcome distraction

TASTE
Someone is talking to me 
I'm in a state of inaction
chocolate in my mouth
melts into distraction

SMELL
Thinking of tomorrow
something triggers reaction
the smell of cut grass
grows into distraction



(c) Mindful Mimi - December 2008
Thanks to  for prompting this poem on the theme of Distractions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP