>> 2 January 2011
This week I went to the hairdresser.
There is not much you can do while someone washes, cuts, tweaks and blow dries your hair...
I realized that a few stepping stones of creativity were reunited here:
- I had some free time
- I was in a somewhat unfamiliar environment
- I was relaxed and not thinking about my TO DO list
- They had a TV high up on the wall so that people getting their washed could watch Fashion TV.
- They kept asking me whether the water was at the right temperature.
- They were all dressed in white. It looked clean.
- There were only women clients.
- They put a number tag on my handbag when they put away my coat.
Here's a few immediate triggers I got:
- Could they have put something more creative up than a tv? (Interactive) art maybe?
- Why hasn't someone come up with a tap that automatically puts the water at the right temperature (whatever that is)?
- Where else could people dress in white to make the place look spic and span? The garbage people? -maybe too extreme.
- Did they have a special 'woman's day'? Where else (unusual) could you introduce such a day? The gym for example?
- Instead of giving you a number to identify your coat, they could have lend me a cuddly bear, a colored scarf around my waist etc. Where else would we prefer not to be a number?