Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend -- Richard Jeni

>> 31 July 2009

I am a fervent reader of Christine Kane's blog.

She started a reader's poll which I thought was really funny: your imaginary childhood friend.

It immediately sent me back to my childhood spent outdoors having all kinds of imaginary adventures and friends.

I had a whole life story plotted out. I not only had imaginary friends, but was an imaginary person myself with an imaginary life

I was Sam (Samantha) and had a twin sister called Amanda. We were from a family of 12 girls and our dad was the pirate Sandokan. Our mother was of course Lady Marianna.

I watched The tiger of Malaysia series all the time and must have had a crush on Kabir Bedi.



Since he could obviously not take care of 12 girls we were all sent to live somewhere else. I was sent to live in my family but would from time to time go back to Malaysia on holidays and have pirate-like adventures.

My plot was often spiced by my interest for books by Enid Blyton and Astrid Lindgren.

I was a strong independant child just like Pippi Longstocking and Ronja the Robber's daughter.

I had a whole plot where I pretended to be at boarding school just like in Malory Towers and St Clare's .

And I had my own detective club just like the Famous Five.

So who was your imaginary childhood friend?

2 comments:

Guatyen 31 July 2009 at 09:31  

hi mimi: thanks for visiting me blog and thanks for sharing sandokan, the eyes... haha! yah, i get it. :)

Mindful Mimi 10 August 2009 at 08:40  

@Alison: Thanks for visiting. Well, I was a child/teenager... but eyes still hold something for me.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP