Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one -- Charles Horton Cooley

>> 21 July 2009

While I'm sitting in the sun on a camping in the Provence, I wanted to share with you a new painting I recently finished.

As you may be able to tell, I am fascinated by aboriginal dot paintings.

It takes forever to fill a large canvas with dot, believe me, but the result is stunning.


I am all in the BE-DO-HAVE model Christine Kane is suggesting in her course.
I AM an artist, creative, happy, positive, complaint-free person first. I behave like one. And the rest just follows. And it does.

The reason most resolutions don’t work is that they address only one level of your life. The DO level. It’s the DO-HAVE-BE model. “I will DO this thing.” (i.e., Lose weight) “So I can HAVE this other thing” (Self-Esteem) and I can BE this thing. (Confident.)

The average New Year’s Resolution doesn’t address the core of the issue – the “BE” level.

The best order for creating positive changes in your life is the BE-DO-HAVE model. This means you start from the BE level. When you begin changing on the BE level of your life, then the DO level and the HAVE level follow more easily.

When you start only on the DO level, then all the blocks on the BE level will often become the obstacles you can’t overcome.


Enjoy the sun, seize the day.

Mimi

1 comments:

sj 5 August 2009 at 22:18  

lovely, gorgeous:) well done.!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP