Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe - Carl Sagan

>> 17 January 2009


Since the beginning of this year I have been trying to be creative once every day. Small or big, it doesn't matter.

For that, I have bought one of these wonderful little books from Nava called 'Hole in Twelve' which is one notebook with one one page per day. I also like their 'One year of white pages' notebooks (one book per month).

So I try to fill that one little page every day. Sometimes it's easy. Sometimes I have no time and the next day I have to do two... Some days I just doodle, draw something really crappy or write a poem. Some days I do a page and get inspired and out comes a painting, like this one.

Something seems to have shifted though. By doing it more and more often, the desire to be creative increases. I am not saying the quality does too...but hey, at least I am creating. Yehay!

Twyla Tharp on the subject of Motivation and Creativity:
Ira Glass on the Motivation to Create

6 comments:

Anonymous,  17 January 2009 at 23:03  

Very happy to have discovered your blog. :)

Mindful Mimi 18 January 2009 at 10:20  

Terri, glad you found me. Hope to see you around often.

Anonymous,  18 January 2009 at 11:54  

Cool site! :-) I like the template and the feel of it, keep it up. I'm going to add this to my favorites.

Anonymous,  18 January 2009 at 12:52  

I LOVE THAT.
I need, err, want to do fiction more often.
every day.
just a little big and lord KNOWS I have the notebooks around :)

Mindful Mimi 19 January 2009 at 09:31  

@Jocelyn: Thanks for visiting and glad you liked it. Come back often! It's great to have you.

@MizFit: I have loads of notebooks too. I start one and then it sort of lands under a pile of other things. But this one is sticking. Maybe because of the dates on it which always make me feel bad when I see I haven't filled a page. Which makes me feel bad now, because last weekend's pages are still empty. Gotta go fill them...
Thanks for visiting.

DebMc 20 January 2009 at 01:50  

What a delightful idea! Just a little something each day feeds the creative fire, doesn't it?

I'm doing a similar week type project. It is fun to start and complete a small project. Very fulfilling.

I'll be looking forward to hearing more about this.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP