Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

The first principle of success is desire - knowing what you want. Desire is the planting of your seed - Robert Collier

>> 15 January 2009

Another painting with seed pods I just finished . These are from our local woods and last weekend's walk.




I seem to have this thing for seed pods lately.

Which makes me think about something Christine Kane recently said on a tele-seminar.

"When we plant a seed, the first thing that comes up is not the sprout, it's the Dirt."
I have set the intention of painting more. That intention is my seed. So bear with me while I share my dirt with you :-) I hope it will sprout eventually.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  16 January 2009 at 02:24  

I love this post and your paintings. I'm painting too and embrace the dirt and the soil and the sprouts.

Mindful Mimi 16 January 2009 at 20:46  

Stacey: thanks, paintings are like babies. You love them despite (or because of?) the fact that they are not perfect :-)

Lance 16 January 2009 at 23:35  

Hi Mimi,

Please continue to share your paintings! They are uniquely "you" - and that's pretty cool...

And - I really like this one - especially the textures.

Mindful Mimi 19 January 2009 at 17:09  

@Lance: Thanks a bunch! as a painter you forget that sometimes the paintings you like the least are the ones people seem to like :-)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP