Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

In the journal I do not just express myself more openly than I could do to any person; I create myself - Susan Sontag

>> 15 February 2009

What can I say? When I start something new I am always all excited. I have been filling pages of my 'art everyday book'. Above is a sneak preview of my entry into art journaling... I think I will have to go to the art supply store tomorrow to get some more stuff :-)

Does this happen to you?
You discover something new and it inspires and excites you. And you begin with it and can't seem to stop. It gives you satisfaction, empties your head, makes you feel creative, alive, full of joy.

What have you recently discovered that had this effect on you?

5 comments:

Anonymous,  15 February 2009 at 15:55  

Love the quote and your beautiful page! I'm into embroidery/hand sewing right now. :-)

Thanks for visiting my blog, and commenting so I could find yours!

Emily 15 February 2009 at 23:52  

hey - gorgeous page - so much powerful red! you are embracing this I can see - I will come back often to see your creative energy at work!

Anonymous,  16 February 2009 at 12:16  

Mimi,

I love the artwork here! And I completely understand the quote about our journals creating us. Great post!

Mindful Mimi 16 February 2009 at 23:51  

@ iHanna: Thanks for visiting and have fun with the embroidering.

@ Arty Em: I am indeed. I put energy in and it comes flowing right back at me. Thanks for visiting.

@ Daphne: Thanks Daphne. You are becoming a regular :-)

Terri 19 February 2009 at 20:08  

Yes, I do SO love being obsessive! :) I think I'll have to start art journaling. I mean, I suppose I do already, but I think I'll need to buy a nice "artist journal" vs. my usual spiral notebook that I just cover with doodles and words.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP