Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Word of the year 2009

>> 2 January 2009


I have recently written about theWord of the year started by Christine Kane and about the choice of words I was juggling with.

I can now gladly say that I have chosen one for 2009. My word is Serenity. 

SERENITY

1. The quality or state of being serene; clearness and calmness; quietness; stillness; peace.

2. Calmness of mind; eveness of temper; undisturbed state; coolness; composure. 

I believe that serenity will help me with the other issues I struggle with daily (creativity, focus, effortlessness, presence, and other words that popped up in the meantime).

I have read The Power of now  and The Secret and have been thinking a lot about what it takes to live a happy life and not get submerged in the nitty gritty stuff. 

Over the past weeks I have had this in the back of my mind and it has triggered moments where I stop myself to think, to reflect, or on the contrary has made me stop the thinking in order to just look or enjoy the moment. 

I find it challenging because there are so many things to do in a day, so many distractions, so many stressful moments. It is difficult to remain serene. However, I notice that with the little attention I am giving it, things have already improved. My goal is to make it a habit, a way of life. I want to think happy, positive thoughts, do good things and in return attract good things.

Ever since I became a mother two and a half years ago, my life has taken a spin. The days started to be so filled with 'not-me' stuff. Focusing on the baby and giving basically 100% was something I was gladly willing to do, but it also nibbled at me a little bit. So now that I have two boys and that my youngest has passed that 100% needy stage, I am trying to balance my days and time.

I want to be there for my kids, my husband, do my job, take care of the household, continue to cook healthy meals for the children. In order to do that I need to have 'me-time' to charge up my batteries. I need to run, paint, write, read and daydream. And I often feel guilty for it.

So my goal is to find the necessary serenity that allows me to find the perfect balance that suits me and my life.

Wish me luck. And let me know if you have a word of the year for 2009 or some sort of resolution that goes in that direction.

2 comments:

Lance 3 January 2009 at 12:51  

Hi Mimi,
Love your word - serenity. It speaks of calmness and peace to me. And those are great things to have. I do wish you all the success in the world, Mimi, in really having this word come to life for you - to really become part of your being over the next year.

Anonymous,  3 January 2009 at 20:39  

While you can and will do everything for people you care, you need to be 'with yourself' to be able to continue to live for others. You have very rightly discovered that to collect yourself, you need serenity. It may seem tough amidst all noise & chase but it is not very hard. A few moments to look inward and synchronizing mind with breath can pull you out from the disarray and provide a perfect stage for experiencing serenity. My word for the year perhaps could be harmony. Luck be to you.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP