>> 1 September 2010
Some people are laid off.
Some are promoted.
People are tense, out of their comfort zones and motivation is sneaking out the back door.
And you are in the middle of all this.
What do you do?
- jump on projects, work constructively and pro-actively, take change as an opportunity, share your enthusiasm, go out of your way to make it happen.
- quietly work according to the new rules, just wait until the dust settles.
- refuse to work like that, complain about the system, hoard any information because it means power.
That is your (RE)ACTION. It follows you around.
Your ATTITUDE is something completely different. It precedes you.
When you enter the room it tells people straight away:
- I love this. I am giving you the best person I can be. I will help you make this a success. I am great no matter the circumstances.
- I am ok with some of it. I need more convincing. I am afraid I might loose my job.
- I absolutely hate this. I am not going to comply until I have to.
Your attitude not only precedes you into a room, it also comes before your (re)actions.
So, who do you want to be?