Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things - Lawrence D. Bell

>> 15 February 2009


The Little Things

Mary Dawson Hughes

It really is the little things
That mean the most of all...
The "let me help you with that" things
That may seem very small
The "I'll be glad to do it" things
That make your cares much lighter,
The "laugh with me, it's funny" things
That make your outlook brighter...

The "never mind the trouble" things,
The "yes, I understand,"
The interest and encouragement
In everything you've planned
It really is the little things,
The friendly word or smile,
That add such happiness to life
And make it more worth while.

2 comments:

kiwimeg 15 February 2009 at 12:14  

This is great! I love the quote - the little things really are big things when it comes down to it!!

Mindful Mimi 20 February 2009 at 14:28  

@ Kiwimeg: It is all in the little things. A touch, a word, a hug a smile. Sure a promotion is nice and so is a new car, but this is not where happiness grows.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP