>> 9 July 2008
The Apron Queen at Confessions of the Apron Queen has triggered today's post.
Have you seen the movie The Bucket List with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman?
If you haven't seen it yourself, the general jist of the movie is that two men- one a rich billionaire (Nicholson) and one a blue collar mechanic (Freeman) - meet in the hospital as they both find out they have terminal cancer. They make a Bucket List - a list of things they want to do before they die. And then they proceed to do all the things on the list together and mark them off as they go along.
Their Bucket List:
- Witness something truly majestic
- Help a complete stranger for a common good
- Laugh till I cry
- Drive a Shelby mustang
- Kiss the most beautiful girl in the world
- Get a tattoo
- See the pyramids
- Get back in touch with...
- Hunt the big cat
- See Rome
The deal is to post your own bucket list and link back to the Apron Queen.
So here is my bucket list:
- Learn to play the guitar
- Hike through Nepal (see example)
- Climb Kilimanjaro
- See Machu Picchu
- Write a book
- Open a bookshop
- Set up a charity - help people
- Do something scary like skydiving
- RUV across the US and see the most remote and deserted areas and states (far away from the beaten path)
- Give up the complaining habit
- Live simple
- Visit my friend Sabine in Spain for a few days to talk, talk, talk and help her refurbish their new house and turn it into a lovely bed and breakfast
- Make a difference in someone's life
- Paint, sing, write and be creative
- Find a creative, stimulating, motivating job with a purpose
- Make my kids and husband happy every day
- See my kids grow up (but that is not in my hands)