Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

I've been doing a lot of abstract painting lately, extremely abstract. No brush, no paint, no canvas, I just think about it. - Stephen Wright

>> 27 March 2008


Like actor and writer Stephen Wright, I have lately been thinking about painting more than actually painting. Yesterday however I seemed inspired and courageous enough to stand in front of my easel and throw something on canvas.
The first try turned out laughable :-)
The second try is the painting you see here.
And today I have been at it again! And it feels good.
Just wanted to share that.
I am not content with the way the painting is photographed. So if any of you has any tips on how to photograph works of art, please let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  17 April 2008 at 12:52  

Hi Mimi. Photographing art is always difficult because the technology always threatens to intrude, changing what we see. Having worked as a photographer years ago, this was one area where I always used a large format camera with a normal lens, and, for lively, colorful works such as yours, Fuji film. For me, illuminating a painting was really the most difficult part to do well, and, again, would vary but I would usually go first for unfiltered natural morning light if possible. Hope this helps. I like the piece quite a lot, by the way, and if I had that kind of talent I think I'd spend a lot of time in the studio.
Rob.

Mindful Mimi 18 April 2008 at 14:53  

Thank you Rob for your comment and tips. Too bad you did not leave your website address.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP