Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Recession? What recession? Got 20 million? Let's have a party!

>> 25 November 2008

Last week was the grand opening of the Atlantis, The Palm Hotel in Dubai. The resort, built by gaming and resort magnate Sol Kerzner, cost 1.5 billion to build. The opening was an exclusive party for 2000 guests from all over the world and catered spectacular fireworks and a private concert by Kylie Minogue (and many other superlatives). Apparently Kerzner's core value number one is "Blow away your customer". Well I guess he literally did that by blowing away 20 million $.


I am just stunned. I mean, I like a good party, but 20 million $??? Hello?
So much for helping to reduce poverty. 
So much for saving energy.
So much for being ecologically conscious.
I wouldn't even want to attend such a party and I just lost a tad of respect for the people who did.

There, just needed to get that off my chest...

1 comments:

Ari from ParentalInstincts.com 25 November 2008 at 16:25  

As I understand it, Dubai is deeply divided between the haves & the have-nots ... there are people who have money to burn, and other who are starving. I share your discomfort with such extravagance.

BTW, found you via Entrecard and I'm pleased I did.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP