Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Passion is the element in which we live; without it, we hardly vegetate - Lord Byron

>> 26 September 2008

Do you know what the phrase 'being in your element' means? It is usually used to describe someone who is excelling at what they are doing, who is in top form. Being in your element means you feel at ease, you know what's going on, you love doing it and you are good at it.

Bruce Lee was in his element when doing Kung Fu, Picasso when painting. You get the picture.
Most of us are in our elements only from time to time. We have a job, a family and other occupations that seem to keep us from doing the things we are passianote about and would like to do more of. I mean, I love to paint too and I'd love to paint more. But I have a house to pay and a family to support. So I paint as often as I can and I am in (one of) my element(s) when I do. But I keep my dayjob...

However, to be really in your element, I believe that you have to do just that: give up your job and stop getting interfered with and do just what you are good at. Concentrate on your strengths. It is a tough decision only a select few dare to make. Some of them succeed and become the Bill Gates' and Jeff Koons' of this world. Some of them do not and end up just being poor but happy with their lives :-)
Additional information:

2 comments:

Lance 26 September 2008 at 16:15  

It really is a big step to "go for it all". I know that I'm not ready to take that step. But, you have planted a seed - am I moving in the direction of my desires and passions. I need to evaluate this more...

Raúl 3 October 2008 at 13:25  

me gusta mucho tu blog lo visito a diario visita el mio y si t gustadeja un comentario de si t gusta o nos enlazamos los blogs

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP