Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

How to have a great day

>> 17 September 2008

I usually try to start my day by saying (to myself, not out loud) "This is going to be a great day". I also try to end each day by saying "This was a great day. I am so grateful for it."

I was inspired to do so by a post Christine Kane wrote.
Her producer practices this simple technique.

It is cheap, it is easy, it's free, it takes no time or physical effort.
And it works.

Sometimes I forget. I don't necessarily have a bad day. Maybe a 'bit out of focus' day. Saying it to myself in the morning does help. I usually forget when I get up, but I am often reminded of it while driving do work. I drive through a dark, humid valley but when I come up the hill the sun (or at least a much brigther daylight) usually hits me with a splendid view over the hills. And I just want to stop and look, breathe,take a picture. This is going to be a great day!

And if the sun shines I start to smile. And just by pulling up the edges of my mouth a bit (even if I am not cheerful at all), my mind seems to shift just a touch. Enough to not get grumpy at the slow driver in front of me. And if I can get the smile to last me into the office I am always amazed at what people give you in return for this simple gesture.

So SMILE! Even if you don't feel like it. For your mood will be lifted.

Have a great day!




“Smile at each other, smile at your wife, smile at your husband, smile at your children, smile at each other -- it doesn't matter who it is -- and that will help you to grow up in greater love for each other.”

Mother Teresa
Catholic Nun, Missionary
Nobel Peace Prize Recipient



"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive -to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

Marcus Aurelius

2 comments:

Lance 18 September 2008 at 16:08  

Christine was right on the money with that post! And, thank you for the reminder. I need to say this more often to myself - it's a great way to start the day!

Mindful Mimi 22 September 2008 at 16:17  

Yes Lance, have a great day!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP