Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion. -- Christian Friedrich Hebbel

>> 9 June 2010

As you know, I love the Arthouse Coop and their projects and am currently participating in one.

I like the fact that they prompt me to create, give me a set of rules and even send me the canvas or sketchbook.

Which got me thinking... Why do I need someone else to prompt me?

So last week, while I was attending a training on 'Performing with Presence', and it prompted me to start a little art project of my own, out of the blue.

I was inspired by the 5 P's of Presenting:
  1. Preparation
  2. Purpose
  3. Presence
  4. Passion
  5. Personality
And especially number 4: Passion. Because that's basically what life, art, outstanding work, etc is all about.

So I took some 10x10 cm canvasses with me to class and asked the trainers and participants if they wanted to participate in my art project, which I call 'The Art of Passion'.

The goal is to collect passions from the people I meet.

I give them a little canvas and they write one word (noun or verb) on it that represents their passion, the reason why they get out of bed in the morning, something they love doing and would do even if noone paid them.

So what is your passion? What gets you all excited so that you could talk about it for hours?


image: Passion by Ludmila Andersson http://www.anderssonludmila.com/en/art_gallery/abstract_art/passion_painting.html

2 comments:

Laura 27 June 2010 at 04:27  

I wanna play. What is 10x10cm in inches? I might already have a small canvas that size around the house. :)

Mindful Mimi 27 June 2010 at 14:33  

10 cm is 3,9 inches .
Get one that size or similar, write your passion on it with a thick black artist pen and your name or pseudo on the back and send it to me
Thank you dear friend, lovely to have you participate.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP