Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us. -- John N. Mitchell

>> 12 May 2010

I recently attended a broadcasting conference where all the national players were invited, except one, who happened to be not only the number one in the market, but also the only business entity run by a non national mother company.

I thought that was odd.

After all the slapping on our own shoulder speeches were finished and the floor was opened to questions, one person did ask why that player wasn't there.

And the answer from one of the market players was going on about what had happened in the past and how that had brought about the current situation and how it was all about reciprocity.

So what he said basically came down to: you didn't invite me, so I'm not gonna invite you.

I admit I was troubled by that.

I also admit I have been reading Seth Godin's book "Linchpin" and that that might be one of the reasons why I was troubled.

In his book, Seth defines art as “the intentional act of using your humanity to create a change in another person” (p. 99) and acknowledges that when we give to others, the law of reciprocity kicks in and they will feel indebted to return our favor.

But he goes on to say that when we give to others and don't expect anything in return, that attitude of unconditional generosity changes us. It creates abundance in our lives and in the lives of those we connect with at work and in our communities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP