Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Writing a book is like having a baby: Rufus is born

>> 24 February 2010

As you may have read over the last months, I have written a children's story about my son Loïc (Lele) and his cuddly toy Rufus. Wonderful illustrator Dave McTaggart has given the story the images I had imagined to make this story come alive.

I am proud to announce that this book is now available online at Memetales in two versions: prose and rhyme.

Rufus' First Night Alone - In...

See more at memetales
You will be able to read this book 8 times before you buy the book.

Once you buy the book, you will always have access to the book and all the premium content listed with the book.

There are related activities around each book for your kids to experience (drawing lessons, games etc).

I hope you pop in and let me know what you think.

6 comments:

Lance 25 February 2010 at 23:07  

Mimi,
You have a beautiful way of telling a story! While I've only looked at the preview so far, it is written in such an easy-to-read format, and in a way that is fun to read, too!

Mimi, you have a wonderful gift...and that you are sharing this for children everywhere to read with their parents - wonderful!!!

Kathy 26 February 2010 at 15:24  

Mimi - what a lovely book! I am starting into the Children's Book writing world myself and you are an inspiration as things are changing in the publishing world so dramatically. I published my first book - White Dog Haiku - on Lulu.com and you can see a preview on my blog at http://ghentfever.blogspot.com. I love the whole preview idea, don't you?

Mindful Mimi 26 February 2010 at 15:35  

@Lance: Thank you so much for your kind words. And your support. I guess your little monsters are too old for this kind of book. Maybe I should think about writing for a wee bit older kids. What are their ages again?
M

@Kathy: Hi there and thanks for visiting. Yes, the publishing world is changing. I still dream about having my book published as a reall book in paper version (and I know it will happen eventually). Glad to read that you are uplevelling on all sorts of levels. I love your little White Dog Haikus. Join us at Memetales and you can make a Haiku children's book :-)

Lance 26 February 2010 at 16:26  

Mimi,
My kids are 15, 13, and 11. Yikes!!! They seem so old all of a sudden!

And...your book really is wonderful!

Elisa 26 February 2010 at 23:48  

What a great gift idea! I popped into the preview and the illustrations are pretty adorable!

saludos,
A Mexican chica living in Europe

Mindful Mimi 28 February 2010 at 13:21  

@Lance: ah yes, no longer kids I see. Time flies.

@Elisa: Thanks for stopping by and glad you liked the book. Illustrations are from very talented Dave McTaggart http://www.davemctaggart.co.uk/
Pay him a visit too. And why not have a look at more children books at http://memetales.com
M

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP