>> 28 September 2009
We just spent a week on an island in the South of France and around Marseille and I just wanted to share a few simple pleasures with you that I encountered there.
- Building sand castles with my boys.
- Naked baby butts crusted with sand.
- The silence of an island with no cars.
- Running through a new landscape.
- Naked feet in flip flops all day long.
- Discovering new restaurants.
- The smell of pine trees in the heat.
- The never ending sound of crickets.
- The sun's red ball sinking into the sea.
- Not having 'to do' anything.
- Looking for pine cones, perfect pebbles, seed pods...
- Sitting outside at the end of September at 10 pm and it's still warm.
- Squealing kids in the trailer while mountain biking on wobbly trails.
- Husband in swimsuit...
- The healthy tiredness from being outside all day.
- No television, no news.