Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

16 simple pleasures of a week away

>> 28 September 2009


We just spent a week on an island in the South of France and around Marseille and I just wanted to share a few simple pleasures with you that I encountered there.

  1. Building sand castles with my boys.
  2. Naked baby butts crusted with sand.
  3. The silence of an island with no cars.
  4. Running through a new landscape.
  5. Naked feet in flip flops all day long.
  6. Discovering new restaurants.
  7. The smell of pine trees in the heat.
  8. The never ending sound of crickets.
  9. The sun's red ball sinking into the sea.
  10. Not having 'to do' anything.
  11. Looking for pine cones, perfect pebbles, seed pods...
  12. Sitting outside at the end of September at 10 pm and it's still warm.
  13. Squealing kids in the trailer while mountain biking on wobbly trails.
  14. Husband in swimsuit...
  15. The healthy tiredness from being outside all day.
  16. No television, no news.

8 comments:

Lance 28 September 2009 at 13:52  

I love this list, Mimi! What great things to take away from your time at this beautiful place. Simple treasures are often the best...

Mindful Mimi 28 September 2009 at 19:07  

@Lance: I love my list too. I loved this island, the whole vacation with its ups and downs.

Tina Burke 29 September 2009 at 17:21  

Hi Mimi!
That sounds like sheer bliss. I was in the south of France a few years ago and was reminiscing over my photos just yesterday. Happy sighs ...

I'm so pleased to meet you and look forward to seeing more of your work - Rufus and Lele are super cute! (and four blogs, my goodness. I've just got around to starting one)!

See you in the fish bowl...!

Anonymous,  29 September 2009 at 21:34  

Are you faithfully journaling in your notebook? Thanks for sharing the link with me. Will be gone a lot in October and still not sure whether I'll be able to make it. Look forward to seeing your island pages :D

Tim 29 September 2009 at 22:12  

Mimi:

Thanks for sharing this. I love your line about simple pleasures, because (to me) that is what life is all about. You were lucky to string together a lot of these in a week. Good to read that you mountain-biked and (blissfully) did not get any news. How cool is that?!

lisa mertins 30 September 2009 at 05:28  

hi mimi, visiting from the fishbowl. thanks for this inspirational post. i'll be in europe in the spring and this made me excited to finally get back to the south of france after so many years!

Mindful Mimi 15 October 2009 at 22:37  

@ Tina: welcome. Actually it's one blog (this one) the others are not very active. But glad you liked this one :-)

Mindful Mimi 15 October 2009 at 22:39  

@ Belinda: So you did get hooked. Let me know how the sketchbook looks. I am busy scribbling on mine.

@ Tim: it is what life is all about. Sometimes we forget. I am not a news fan anyway. It's all bad and I am anti-negative.

@ Lisa: Welcome fishie. I wish you a great time in Europe!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP