Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Energy flows where attention goes -- Christine Kane

>> 25 June 2009


I am following Christine Kane's Uplevel Your Life program. The above quote is from lesson number one. And it is very powerful.

Let's say you're in a hurry and you're driving along this road and you get stuck behind this slow moving car with no possibility to overtake it. You will most likely get stressed because you think you will be late and upset at the driver because he is the cause of it.

That is your attention going. And where your energy is flowing to.

And you choose this.

You can also tell yourself that you will be late, so what? That it's not worth a risky overtaking, that you cannot change it and might as well accept it. And breathe.

The difference between the two reactions is that at first your attention is going towards the negative and focusing on blame (i.e. playing the victim). The effect of a day full of these reactions is that you feel drained, stressed, full of resentment and just hate the world.

The second one is not like your stupidly accepting a situation where someone does you harm or treats you unfairly. It's just about not sweating the small stuff and focusing your energy on more important things. And at the end of the day you will have much more energy left to give to your loved ones or put into projects that you love.

It is a big thing. And it is powerful once you start noticing it, channeling it into the right direction. It takes some effort at first.

You will not always get it right and that's ok. Forgive yourself and move on.

And after a while it becomes part of you, or your normal being and behaving. And that is just wonderful. Try it out.

3 comments:

Tim 26 June 2009 at 16:21  

Hi MiMi:

I will have to try this. It is interesting to mention that you are participating in this program -- I'd be interested to hear how it has helped you. I've been a fan of Christine's for a couple years and I'm amazed at the great wisdom she shares on her site.

TeresaB 29 June 2009 at 04:55  

Thanks Christine and Mimi !
I am going to try this also. Being mindful and in the moment takes a lot of concentration on my part, but I find that the more I keep it in my mind the easier it is to do. Thanks again Teresa

Mindful Mimi 29 June 2009 at 21:52  

@ Tim: I had been a fan of hers for a while (her music and wisdom). And I decided to take one of her advices and BE the person I want to be and live in abundance: so I ordered the course. And I haven't regretted it yet.

@ Teresa: I can only recommend the course. It's so far worth every penny.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP