Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Forget about the consequences of failure. Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success

>> 12 March 2009

You may have heard about bookcrossing.com, an online place where you can set books free and find some.

At thingsweforget, it is not books but post-it notes that are left behind. Like this one.

Another simple and original idea.

*******

I am working on the creative workshop project for my colleagues. The closer the date comes, the more nervous I get.

Christine Kane suggested I allow the nervousness. Let it be there. If I weren't a little nervous then what would be the point.

I guess it is the famous fear of failure everyone has experienced at some point.

Christine's answer to that was 'Or fear of success! :-) (omg - what if you're actually GOOD at this??)'.

That little sentence made me stop right there, sit still and think.
What IF I am actually good at this? :-)

That made my day today. Thanks Christine.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  13 March 2009 at 18:59  

Hi MM!

Thank you for your words on my site! :~)

Yes, I've always thought about this fear...fear of failure or fear of success...either or can be paralyzing if one does not learn the lessons that come with it, yes?

I am glad I stopped by!:~)

Mindful Mimi 13 March 2009 at 20:37  

@ Henie: your welcome. Fear is a fickle thing :-) It can spur you on and completely paralyse you. But the adrenaline is flowing either way :-) I'm glad you stopped by too.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP