Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues - Marcus Tullius Cicero

>> 19 November 2008


I am currently reading The Secret.  As usual, I start to doubt such books because I both hate and like them and I cannot conceive the fact of hatred and liking at the same time. But I am thinking happy thoughts, and I am being thankful every day for what I have. So I wanted to make a list and invite you to make one too.


I am thankful for:
  • being me.
  • being alive and healthy.
  • having a wonderful, loving and understanding husband who makes me happy and complete, who supports me, tells me what he thinks, tells me to hold it when I need to hear it...
  • having two wonderful little boys who are beautiful and healthy and are the joy of my life.
  • having healthy, imperfect parents who are still able to shower their love on our kids
  • having a large extended family spread all over the world
  • living in a country without war and that is safe
  • living in the countryside and being able to snuff in the good that nature does
  • having a wonderful, big house that fits our needs and wishes
  • having a big garden for our boys to play in
  • having a job that pays the bills
  • speaking lots of languages which has often gotten me a job and lets me communicate with people
  • having friends that are there for me when I need them and even when I don't need them, that I trust and that trust me
  • being able to create (paint, take pictures, sing, write)
  • being wiser than I was before
  • owning a car that doesn't stutter on a cold morning
  • being able to hug my loved ones and see them as often as I want
  • being able to hear, smell, see, feel, taste
  • being able and enjoying working out
...to be continued...

So what are you thankful for today?


2 comments:

Lance 19 November 2008 at 12:05  

Hi Mimi!
I'm thankful for my family, my health, and for wonderful friends who make my days all worth living. And, I'm thankful for knowing you, also! You are a big part of the good in this world!

DebMc 3 December 2008 at 17:36  

What a terrific list!

I haven't visited your blog in a while because of pressing projects, but I want you to know how great I think it looks. Both look and content. Well done.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP