A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues - Marcus Tullius Cicero
>> 19 November 2008
I am currently reading The Secret. As usual, I start to doubt such books because I both hate and like them and I cannot conceive the fact of hatred and liking at the same time. But I am thinking happy thoughts, and I am being thankful every day for what I have. So I wanted to make a list and invite you to make one too.
- being me.
- being alive and healthy.
- having a wonderful, loving and understanding husband who makes me happy and complete, who supports me, tells me what he thinks, tells me to hold it when I need to hear it...
- having two wonderful little boys who are beautiful and healthy and are the joy of my life.
- having healthy, imperfect parents who are still able to shower their love on our kids
- having a large extended family spread all over the world
- living in a country without war and that is safe
- living in the countryside and being able to snuff in the good that nature does
- having a wonderful, big house that fits our needs and wishes
- having a big garden for our boys to play in
- having a job that pays the bills
- speaking lots of languages which has often gotten me a job and lets me communicate with people
- having friends that are there for me when I need them and even when I don't need them, that I trust and that trust me
- being able to create (paint, take pictures, sing, write)
- being wiser than I was before
- owning a car that doesn't stutter on a cold morning
- being able to hug my loved ones and see them as often as I want
- being able to hear, smell, see, feel, taste
- being able and enjoying working out