Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Be a fountain, not a drain - Rex Hudler

>> 2 August 2008

I am bubbling with ideas. I want to create. I want to paint.
I have started painting again this year and although it was fun, I just couldn't seem to find my way around it. I was looking for the right medium (acrylic, oils, watercolors, pastels, crayons, collage, mixed media,...), the right art-style (abstract, figurative, realistic, naive,...), my path and inspiration.

I have written about Aboriginal Dreamings Art before. A long time ago I had started copying a painting I felt inspired by but I never got any further than just the background and some lines. I have recently picked it up, read a bit in the book about techniques (such as dot-painting), picked up a stick and just started dotting.
And guess what? I find it very relaxing and fun. And the result is just amazing! So now I can't wait to get this copy finished and start doing my own creations. I'll show the painting when it's done.


The other painting I recently worked on and finished is another technique I experimented with and which consists of using air-dry modelling clay to sculpt objects which I then then glue on the canvas. In this particulare case, I sculpted tulips which I painted and glued on a small canvas; I then stapled the small canvas on a bigger one. The result is a 3D painting:




What do you think?

4 comments:

DebMc 6 August 2008 at 05:26  

Love those tulips. Graphic, textural, and pretty.

Nice job. Creating is fun, isn't it?

Goddess 8 August 2008 at 04:55  

Art can be so therapeutic, and experimenting with a variety of techniques can be so much fun. I've recently started experimenting with some digital art, and it's got me wanting to get my hands "dirty" with some real media now!

bluecrystaldude 9 August 2008 at 08:55  

It's really nice. I love how the 3D effect works

Anonymous,  9 August 2008 at 21:43  

Painting is cool. I find it very relaxing and fun as well. Nice blog.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP