Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” -- William arthur Ward

>> 22 December 2010

As Albert Schweitzer wisely said:

To educate yourself for the feeling of gratitude means to take nothing for granted, but to always seek out and value the kind that will stand behind the action. Nothing that is done for you is a matter of course. Everything originates in a will for the good, which is directed at you. Train yourself never to put off the word or action for the expression of gratitude.
Every evening, before the kids go to sleep, we review the day and I ask them what they liked best and are grateful for. It gives closure to the day and focuses on the good things. It teaches them to be grateful which will make them more balanced and happy people.

I am grateful for:
  • a loving and supportive husband (oh and sexy and good looking on top of that...)
  • having two healthy sons who are smart and funny
  • being healthy
  • living in a safe, beautiful country
  • being able to look out my window and see the sky, the trees and being able to take a walk in the countryside whenever I want to
  • my family
  • great friends who love me despite of all my flaws
  • my freedom of choice, of speech, of movement
  • all experiences that teach me something, make me stronger
  • having feelings: happy ones, sad ones, scary ones - they make me alive
What are you grateful for?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP