Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

“Vision without action is a dream. Action without vision is simply passing the time. Action with Vision is making a positive difference.” -- Joel Barker

>> 12 July 2010

Have you ever made a Vision Board? (if you don't know what that is, click here)

When I was younger, I made collages in my diary. But they were not visionary. They were focused on the present and on how I was feeling. So the messages were about the status quo and venting more than imagining a better future.

I did my first real Vision Board when I was at a retreat with Christine Kane (November last year) and it was standing in my office/art room for a while after that until it had to make room for something 'more important'.

I just came across it today and it blew me away...

Of course not all of the things have materialized: we don't have a pool yet... but here are a few things I glued on there that have:

  • Running:
    I am now running 3 times a week and have signed up for a semi-marathon
  • Massage:
    I have regular massages and chiropractor visits scheduled to take care of my bodily well-being.
  • Mac Book:
    I bought one a few weeks ago :-)
  • Great hair:
    I did a personal image consulting which resulted in better colors and styles for me and a new hairdo :-)
  • Art:
    I have started many art projects and the secret is to just get something started and see what happens :-)
  • Charity:
    I have successfully started teambuilding activities at work together with local charities. The project is slowly growing and resulted in a passionate interest in Corporate Social Responsibility.
  • Outdoors:
    I spend a lot of time outdoors, especially in our garden.
  • Family:
    I have my work organised in such a way that I can spend time with my kids and often feel like an incredible mom :-)
  • Happy: yes I am!
  • Live, laugh, learn: every day!
And the guitar playing, the big wad of money, the perfect smile, trekking and always healthy food are going to come soon - I just know it.

So I suggest you make a Vision Board for yourself and hang it in your office, or bedroom ceiling, or wherever. So that your mind, your subconscious, your eyes, your heart, your dreaming... can concentrate on it and let the universe do the rest.

It works.

2 comments:

Lance 12 July 2010 at 14:48  

Miranda,
I LOVE this!! How awesome to see what you first put down on the vision board, and how that has really materialized!

And - you are a completely incredible and amazing MOM!!!

And that smile of yours...Mimi...it is sweet and wonderful...and perfect just the way it is!!

Now...when you get that big wad of money...let me know - we're celebrating!! (wait! I'm celebrating with you TODAY, too - on ALL of this!!!)

Mindful Mimi 16 July 2010 at 21:53  

@Lance> thank you, as always. You should try it. Maybe I need to make one and put a tree on it that I hug, haha.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP