Mindful Mimi's blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.createandconnect.org/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed on and digested - Francis Bacon

>> 9 November 2007

Some years ago I read 'A year by the sea' by Joan Anderson.

The book really inspired me and some lessons learned are:

  • Silence can be a good friend.
  • Believing in yourself isn't everything, but you can't begin to live unless you do.
  • Joy comes from the capacity to appreciate all things elemental.
  • Be at home in your body.
  • The four necessary steps to finding yourself are the four R's: Retreat, Repair, Regenerate and Renew.
  • Put your relationship with yourself first.

I always find it interesting to read about what I call 'Wonderful Women'. If you go to My Library you will find lots more of the same kind.

If you have any books in the same spirit that you'd recommend, I'd be glad to hear about them.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  10 November 2007 at 05:11  

I just checked out your library of incredible books. I've read some of them and I've made a list of others, so that I can look for them at the library.
I'm not sure if you've read any of Oriah Mountain Dreamer's books (don't let the author's name throw you). The first is THE INVITATION, followed by THE DANCE and then THE CALL.
Have you read THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES...a wonderful novel about women supporting women? Another favourite of mine is THE INCIDENTAL GURU, by Cindy Stone.
I'll be back to check out more of your posts. Your blog looks fantastic!

La delirante 10 November 2007 at 15:28  

Hi! Thanks for the recomendation!
All of those nice lessons that are to be learned are very true, especially the one of believing in yourself and having a relationship with yourself first. I will have a look at your books in your library :)

Have a lovely weekend!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP